CSR is a well-established, award-winning national practice, offering full Landscape Architectural, Environmental and Town Planning, and Arboricultural services. We also offer services in the UK through our sister offices in London and Manchester. The practice has a broad and expanding portfolio of parks and public open space design, masterplanning and public realm work, commercial and residential projects, landscape and countryside resource planning and landscape planning /impact assessment projects. We are currently looking to appoint an Architectural Technologist to join our friendly teams in Dublin.
The post is part of a new team under our lead Architect and Urban Design Team Leader dealing with the development and design of public realm projects, masterplanning, strategies responsible for assisting in the design, delivery and management of public realm and residential development projects undertaken by the practice.
You will also work closely with our BIM manager in the roll out and delivery of BIM projects.
As specialist in the science of architecture, building design and construction, you will develop design projects and manage the process from conception through to completion. This includes architectural design management, contract management and post-construction work.
This will generally include:
- Design projects – concept drawings to detailed hard and soft design.
- Site supervision
- Urban design and housing projects
- Multi-disciplinary studies including participating in planning led projects.
- Technical (IT) and graphic project work
- Visual impact studies
As part of your role you will:
- Generate accurate and detailed construction, tender and production drawings in both Revit and AutoCAD
- Select and advise on best materials and processes for the project
- Surveying sites carrying out feasibility studies and risk assessments
- Assessing environmental impacts and identify constraints, opportunities and legal issues
- Analysing architectural plans and drawings, highlighting any possible risks or problems and editing as appropriate
- Specify and advise on the appropriate technology and tools to be used in the project and advising where this requires deviation from the initial design plans
- Preparing documents to help with planning permission and similar approvals
- Ensuring all drawings and details are compliant with client and project specification, Relevant building regulations and design standards and consultant's requirements
- Generate and manage technical submittals and registers
- Co-ordinate design and details with M&E, Civil Engineering consultants and other Design Team members, incorporating details into production drawings
- Product selection and specification for design proposals
- Liaise with Design Teams to clarify the scope of deliverables
- Document control to company and ISO standards
- Maintaining records and preparation of O&M /H&S File at project completion
- Identifying long lead items and assisting procurement in expediting same
- Meeting design stage programme dates and attending project meetings as required
CSR is currently developing a REVIT system and a team to achieve excellence in Public Realm Architecture, through REVIT, with a new service within the practice.
REVIT duties will involve
- Assisting the BIM Manager in the organisation wide implementation of BIM system and related technology.
- Implementing individual assigned projects through BIM / REVIT in accordance with company or agreed project protocols.
- Assisting the BIM Manager in systems development, coaching and training, and mentoring colleagues in REVIT and the implementation of REVIT projects.
- Degree or equivalent in Architecture or Architectural Technology or equivalent
- MILI or equivalent or eligible/working towards full membership.
- Full driving licence.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Excellent AutoCAD skills - to City & Guilds level 2/3, or equivalent.
- Relevant experience / qualifications in REVIT - modelling, 3D design and BIM coordinator
- Creative contemporary designer
- Excellent public realm and external structures design skills and knowledge
- Understanding of construction and detailing
- Ability to work within a team, to formulate and communicate ideas.
- Excellent graphic and presentational skills – photoshop, sketch up, hand drawing etc.
- Excellent desktop publishing / office / word capability.
- Hand drawing skills
- 1 years+ work experience in a relevant architectural consultancy
- Experience of site work, working with contractors.
- Report / technical and presentational writing skills
Please submit your details including a letter of interest and an up to date Curriculum Vitae and portfolio showing relevant design work by email to email@example.com